As we ramp up towards GGHK 2022, we are now building out our Sports team and looking to recruit volunteer SME’s for 36 sports that we are running.. These roles will be key in the planning and execution of the respective sporting events, and liaising closely with local and international sports associations.
- Partner closely with the basketball team on all areas of the planning and execution
- Report to your Gay Games sports manager regularly on progress and planning, your manager is there to support you and direct you.
- Planning and execution of the Basketball GGHK event from now to 2022
- Evaluate the budget and work with the finance team to suggest potential procurement
- Recruiting and developing a wider basketball team in support of your sports event if needed
- Creating outreach programs in the basketball community
- Representing basketball in GGHK team progress meetings or external meetings or events when necessary
- Promoting the tournament locally, regionally and internationally via different channels
- Attend GGHK social and outreach events when available
- Experience in organizing/participating in basketball tournaments
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills, English is a must, Cantonese is helpful
- Knowledge of rules and venue requirements
- Individuals with multiple sports experience will be considered to join the sports committee
Volunteer will need to be based in Hong Kong
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work