The Operations Workstream includes teams for Finance, Procurement, Security, Program Management and Technology. We have a vacancy for an exciting new role in the Technology team.
The Technology Development leader (IT) will be part of the Technology team, to develop or select, implement and manage the optimal solution for the core Event Management system. This includes functionality such as ticketing, identity confirmation, access control, cashless payments, and may involve the development of a bespoke mobile app. The selected candidate will also work closely with external service providers to evaluate and develop needed integration with established and developing infrastructure.
This new role may form and lead a dedicated team and will report to the Director of Operations.
GGHK expects 12,000 participants and 75,000 supporters to join in 36 different sports competitions, a 40,000 visitor opening ceremony, a week-long festival village, and an exciting Arts and Culture program.
- Collate the functional requirements of a central Tech system for the Games
- Identify potential systems available in the market
- Perform the build-or-buy analysis, manage the selection process
- Together with the head of IT strategy, design the system environment integration
- Perform or supervise the system development and/or implementation
- Develop and deliver appropriate training to team members
- Administer system data security
- Install and update network system improvements
- Assist with the design, implementation, and support of new software and features
- Consult with vendors and clients to continuously improve technology solutions
- Ensure system optimization for all technology resources
- Stay informed of new systems, information, software, hardware, and upgrades
- Diversity and Inclusion Awareness
- Knowledge of relevant IT technologies and data management protocols
- Excellent partnership skills and business acumen
- Excellent Communication skills
- Influencing and networking
- Ethical conduct
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work