Gay Games Hong Kong 2022 will be an inclusive event of 12,000 participants and up to 75,000 spectators inclusive of ceremonies and events, sports and arts and culture activities. The Purchasing Manager will play a critical role in supporting the procurement of necessary supplies and partner with all departments to coordinate the best advantage for the organization.
- Collaborates with other teams and within the procurement management to identify and develop needs and requirements for value in kind donations, equipment, materials, products, and acceptable substitutions.
- Prepares and processes purchase orders and requisitions for materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Negotiates purchases, partnering and aligning internal team members.
- Advises on conditions for issuing and awarding bids.
- Helps to resolve grievances with vendors, contractors, and suppliers.
- Maintains purchasing and recordkeeping systems.
- Acts as GGHK2022 representative in negotiations with suppliers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Cantonese (Mandarin is a plus)
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work