The Gay Games holds history and memorial as major pillars of our community. It is the history and memory of those who have come before us that makes the AIDS Memorial Quilt Ceremony one of the most impactful moments of the Gay Games. We are looking for an AIDS Memorial Ceremony Supervisor to ensure this incredibly important moment for the games and for our attendees is held to perfection with the utmost respect attention given to this very powerful event.
● Overseeing the planning and execution of the AIDS Memorial Quilt Ceremony
● Liaison with the Memorial Quilt Leader to work with the planned space and exhibition of the Memorial Quilt
● Working closely with ceremony volunteers to ensure direction is followed and that the pacing of the event is managed
● Become fully versed in the Memorial Ceremony guidelines, follow and plan the moment according to the provided ceremony provisions
● Work with the Director of Arts and Culture to ensure all Ceremony needs are met for the ceremony’s execution
● Experience in organising and managing a Ceremony
● Strong organisational skills and communication skills, English is a must, Cantonese is helpful.
● Sensitivity and respect to the topic of HIV/AIDS
● Experience directing others to perform a Ceremony or performance
MORE ABOUT GGHK2022
The Gay Games is built upon the principles of Participation, Inclusion and Personal Best. Based on these values, since 1982, the Gay Games have brought together people from all over the world, with diversity, respect, equality, solidarity and sharing.
The Gay Games is open to participants of all ages, experience levels, sexual orientation and physical ability. The Gay Games Hong Kong 2022 will be the 11th Gay Games and will be held in November 2022. 36 sports and 11 cultural activities are planned to include more than 12,000 participants.
If you are interested to join the GGHK team, please check out more information here.